Brenda D. Gavin
- Founding Partner of Quaker BioVentures
- Previously: President of S.R. One, GlaxoSmithKline's venture capital arm, and general partner of EuclidSR Partners, an independent venture capital fund focused on healthcare and information technology. During her tenure with S.R. One, Dr. Gavin was responsible for dozens of venture and strategic investments, and she served as a board member or active board observer for many portfolio companies.
- Current Board Responsibilities: Celator Pharmaceuticals, Tengion, TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals, and Tranzyme Pharma
- Board Observer Responsibilities: Diasome and Nucleonics
- Prior Board Participation: Adolor, MicroMass Communications, Oxis International, Sepracor, Synbiotics, Versicor
- Other: Serves on the board of the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA , the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority, Innovation Philadelphia, BioAdvance, the Penn State University Research Foundation, the International Advisory Board of the Monell Institute and past board member of the National Venture Capital Association.
- Education: B.S. from Baylor University, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Missouri, MBA from the University of Texas - San Antonio