Geeta Vemuri, Ph.D.
- Joined Quaker BioVentures 2003 and was promoted to Partner in 2008
- Previously: Associate at Toucan Capital, where she was responsible for investments in seed-stage and start-up biotech opportunities. Participated in raising capital and helped start several portfolio companies by identifying technologies from universities. Associate Equity Analyst at SalomonSmithBarney and First Union Securities covering specialty pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors. Research scientist at The Wistar Institute and postdoctoral fellow at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Current Board Responsibilities: Argolyn, Cellatope, and Protez Pharmaceuticals
- Board Observer Responsibilities: Immune Control, Optherion, Regado Biosciences, Tengion, and Tranzyme Pharma
- Other: Advisory Committee of the Sid Martin Biotechnology Incubator, Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Southeast BIO, the Advisory Committee of BioAdvance Greenhouse, and the Selection Committee for the "Best Incubator Company of the Year" Awards for companies located in Maryland.
- Education: M.S. from Central University in India, Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Indian Institute of Sciences, and M.B.A. from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania