Matthew Rieke, M.D.
- Founding Principal of Quaker BioVentures, and promoted to Partner in 2005
- Previously: Principal at PA Early Stage, a venture capital fund investing in early stage life science and IT companies. Created start-up companies based on Penn faculty inventions at the University of Pennsylvania Center for Technology Transfer. Management consultant with CSC Healthcare, focusing on disease management protocols. Researched novel therapeutics and bone marrow transplantation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Current Board Responsibilities: Kolis Scientific, Neotropix and Nitric BioTherapeutics
- Board Observer Responsibilities: Biolex Therapeutics and Neuronetics
- Prior Board Participation: BioRexis Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Other: Chair of the Business Development Committee for AdvaMed 2007. Member of the BIOVenture Forum East Advisory Board, the Biotech and Life Sciences Advisory Committee for Ben Franklin Technology Partners of SE PA, the Life Sciences Greenhouse of Central PA, and the University of Pennsylvania Medical Alumni Leadership Council.
- Education: B.A. from Colgate University, Doctor of Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania School of .Medicine, M.B.A. from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Maintains active medical license.