Richard S. Kollender
- Joined Quaker BioVentures as Principal in early 2003, and promoted to Partner in 2005
- Previously: Held positions in sales, marketing and worldwide business development at GlaxoSmithKline. Also served as investment manager at S.R. One where he evaluated potential investment opportunities, performed due diligence, structured and negotiated investments and worked with management teams to execute their strategies following investment. Began his career as a CPA with KPMG Peat Marwick with an emphasis on the healthcare and emerging businesses sectors.
- Current Board Responsibilities: Nupathe, Precision Therapeutics, TargetRx, Transave, and Transport Pharmaceuticals
- Board Observer Responsibilities: Amicus Therapeutics, and Celator Pharmaceuticals
- Prior Board Participation: MedMark
- Other: Public Policy Committee Member for Pennsylvania Bio and Advisory Committee Member for Mid-Atlantic Venture Association. Member of both the American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants.
- Education: B.A. from Franklin and Marshall College, M.B.A. and Health Administration & Policy degrees with Honors from the University of Chicago